Sometimes it is helpful just to talk to someone about your situation especially if you or a loved one has just been diagnosed with an asbestos related disease.
Call us on 1800 776 412 and you will be able to talk to a friendly and understanding person who can assist you in getting the answers you may need and the help that is available to you.
We can assist you, your family, carer and friends with:
- Information about asbestos and asbestos-related diseases.
- Finding support in your area.
- Help in getting the latest medical information and advice.
- Ensuring that you have the best legal advice – you may be eligible for compensation, a pension or both.
- Occupational therapy services and assessments.
- Advice if you are worried about asbestos in your home or at work.
- Information on where to obtain the correct guidance about safety procedures including personal protective masks, respirators and asbestos removal, etc.
- Understanding the grief process.
We can also assist you with travel and accommodation for those living in rural areas of Queensland who are diagnosed with or undergoing investigation for an asbestos related disease and may need to travel to Brisbane to receive treatment. This can be arranged by calling us on 1800 776 412.