Asbestos found at heritage listed school house on Logan Village green

LOGAN City Council will remove and replace asbestos flooring discovered at the old Logan Village school house on Logan Village Green.

Coralyn Cowin, curator of the Logan Village Museum, which is also a part of the pioneer village, said she had postponed a cent auction that was to raise funds for farmers drought relief after the council discovered asbestos in an upstairs patio early in the week. A new date will be set.

“There was a hole in the floor. Council workers came to have look and they found asbestos. That’s all I know,” she said.

Cr Laurie Koranski said she asked council officers to investigate after learning of the incident for the first time today, October 3, mid-afternoon but she would not be surprised to learn asbestos had been found in an old building.

“It happens and there are processes in place to deal with that,” she said.

To read more on this story, visit: https://www.jimboombatimes.com.au/story/5682937/asbestos-found-at-heritage-listed-school-house-on-logan-village-green/?cs=2431

Posted in News

Become a member

Benefits of membership include:

  • Phone and peer support for sufferers and carers
  • Regular updates on issues relating to asbestos exposure and disease
  • Occupational therapy assessment and, if needed, follow-up through our contracted occupational therapist
Join today